Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday To Mom!

On Saturday I turned a quarter of a century old. I don’t know how I feel about this… but I am now old enough to rent a car… And our car insurance rates dropped again making them insanely low! Yay. But I think the rest of my birthdays will just mean I am getting old. Oh well. It happens to everyone!

On Friday we celebrated my birthday. We went to dinner and then went to see Rio. It was a fun family night, and a nice break to our crazy, househunting week. Saturday we were supposed to look at more houses and I had to work. Unfortunately, I woke up with some kind of stomach bug and it SUCKED. Thankfully, Clay still went to look at the houses and took the kids. He took care of the kids all day. So, even though I was sick on my birthday, I was still kind of pampered.

The last few years I have gotten pictures for my birthday. Professional pictures of the kids are pretty expensive so I usually request it be my birthday present. This year, that didn’t cut it though. So Clay bought me an espresso machine! Good morning to homemade caramel mocha lattes! Yum!

DSC01975

Sunday I felt like a new woman! I can’t believe how sick I was the day before because I felt just fine Sunday. And the SUN WAS SHINING (and maybe the wind was blowing a bit too, but it’s a start to Spring). My motto this year is, we will not waste a moment too long indoors! Since Eddy was born in July, this was his first “real” time experiencing the outdoors. He was outside but not really aware of his surroundings last summer. He was able to sit in the grass, try to eat dead leaves when he thought I wasn’t looking, and even wore sunblock for the first time. We love outside! After horrible long winters, days of 40 degree weather are a real Godsend.

DSC01953

DSC01952

DSC01948

DSC01945

DSC01943

Yeah we love the outdoors! We later went to Pocatello to buy a new lawn mower. Ours wasn’t working well (I could barely start it most of the time), so we got a new one. But of course by the time we got home it was raining, so we still need to mow to get all the gross winter leftovers picked up.

On Monday Isaac registered for 3 year old preschool. He will start in the fall. He has been talking about preschool, or Freeschool as he calls it (I wish it was free), for about a year now. So he was excited. More exciting, Daddy was taking him. I was kind of sad that Clay got to do it, but I usually do all of these things, so it’s really fine. Isaac had to put on a nametag and insisted on wearing his lizard sweater. Silly boy. He really is excited but has decided he will not smile for the camera. At all.

DSC01969

DSC01970

DSC01971

My sweet boys

DSC01974

Just a few more pictures. Edward was able to eat his first starfruit. Still haven’t found a food he dislikes. Hopefully he will always eat everything I give him! I never want another picky eater!

 

DSC01957

DSC01965

Now we are still househunting and having no luck. Things are crazy trying to get everything figured out. Hopefully soon, because I hate not having a plan. It will all work out though! Hopefully we have it figured out and have a new home!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're only 25! Shhesh, you're just a baby!

    ReplyDelete