Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun Weekends

This weekend was definitely short. We did get to see Tangled at our theatre’s free Saturday Matinee. The boys sat with some friends and enjoyed the movie (but I think I loved it more than they did). I think they just love it because they get root beer, popcorn and an airhead. And when soda is not allowed it is a real treat for them!

Excuse the picture quality…It was pretty dark in there! DSC00770DSC00771DSC00772

Sunday was uneventful, just like our Sundays usually are. We just hang out at home and work on whatever needs to be done!

Today I was able to volunteer in Ezra’s kindergarten class. I think he was a bit embarrassed at first, but in the end he seemed to like me being there. And just in case you weren’t aware… I am proud of this boy. He can read above a second grade level for his AR testing. And he can read books above that level well too! And he’s only five. Sorry for bragging but I am his mom and way proud! So I will brag on him just a bit.

DSC00806DSC00807

He seems to really like school. He talked with his classmates, listened well to the teacher… and did one awesome chicken dance! So funny. I will have to get a video next time! Now Ezra is sick in bed, and will not be going to school tomorrow. Apparently strep and Influenza A are going around in our town…And I pray he just has something minor. But his fever is pretty scary. So tomorrow I am planning a sick at home day. Ezra will watch movies all day and we will all eat soup and stay in our pajamas. And lots of sleep. Isaac is excited for this, because he wants to teach me to play CandyLand. And maybe checkers. I am curious to see how that goes! Oh and while I am talking about Isaac, he identified two letters (e and d) today before he figured out I was watching. So I think he will get them soon. If only he wasn’t so stinking stubborn and wanted to actually work at it with me. Ah, well. He is still really cute.

I was looking for a picture downstairs when I cam across a few old ones of Ezra. I wish I had more pictures of him as a baby. Not the best pictures and I even have a pretty low quality video but I love reminders that Ezra was once little. It seems so hard to remember sometimes. It seems like he has always been big.

IMG_0128

IMG_0130

Ezra at Christmas at my mom’s house. He was almost 3 here. I miss these days!

1 comment:

  1. they showed tangled at the free matinee? that would have been worth the drive to come and go to it! how fun!

    ReplyDelete